Well, after getting A LOT of sleep last night Jeff and I were ready to see and do more. Today was great! We jumped all over the city and saw so many different things. We started at the Orsay Museum and saw some amazing art. Both Jeff and I aren't really very knowledgeable about art but we could definitely appreciate the amazing artifacts in that museum. The Van Gogh's, Monet's, Degas, Cezanne were all cool. Then we went over to the Notre-Dame Cathedral. It was beautiful. Then we went over to the Arc de Triomphe. Oh my goodness. I thought I might give birth just trying to get up all those stairs!!! It's such a beautiful monument and enjoyed every minute. (but be prepared to climb some steps:) At the top you have an amazing view of the city. It was starting to get to be evening so we decided to go up to Montmartre and have dinner and see the Sacre'-Coeur cathedral. Montmartre is an area up on Paris' highest hill top with a beautiful cathedral, the Sacre'-Coeur. We enjoyed a beautiful late night walk and some super yummy crepes' and glace' (French ice-cream). The lights on the Eiffel tower were amazing tonight so we decided to go down there and see it up close. We finished the evening with a kiss under the sparkling tower! Here's some pictures of us through out the day. Time to sleep!! Check back tomorrow for more. :)
Orsay Museum

Notre-Dame

The Arc de Triomphe


Montmartre and Sacre'-Coeur


The Eiffel Tower with amazing lights!
7 comments:
"Lucky"
You've already seen more than I saw in the six months I lived in Paris as a missionary! We love seeing the pictures. We enjoy having your kids here...adds some excitement to our home!
the weather looks perfect!!
look at your cute little tummy! how far along are you now? do you know what you're havign yet?
Niki, you're so nice! Thanks for calling my belly cute :) I'm 6 months along now and we are excited to be having a girl! Can't wait to meet her. We are hoping to find a great name for her over here in Europe!
And Aaron...I'm glad to hear that we aren't being lazy with our time!!! You guys are so great...thanks for taking care of our kids. Give them our love!!
I love that you are posting during your vacation! I'm so excited for you that you're able to do this trip and I can't wait to see Europe through your pix over the next several days!
Post a Comment