Monday, September 15, 2008

Day 1 in Paris, France

Bonjour,

We made it to Paris!! :) Jeff and I are glad to be on the ground and enjoying the sights of the city. The flight was very bumpy and it was hard to sleep but otherwise all went well. After checking into the hotel we decided that we better not lay down and rest or we'd never get back up, so we went out and started checking Paris out. The metro is wonderful and fairly easy to figure out. We took the metro over to the Eiffel Tower and the Seine River. It was nice weather today so at the top of the tower we could see everything! Wow that's high up there! It was absolutely amazing and I still can't believe that we are here! After the tower we took a tour on the Seine River. That was really neat to be able to see all the sights from the river and learn so much about each important land mark. Now we can't wait to go visit each one and see them up close. The Parisian people are very kind and willing to help. We have felt very welcome and safe. Our hotel room is tiny but perfect for the two of us. We are excited to see what the next couple of days bring here in Paris! Below are a couple of pictures from our day today. We miss you all and send our love. Especially to our sweet children!! We are going to try to get some sleep so we have more energy for tomorrow.

Au revoir,
Jeff and Tracie




4 comments:

Bennett Family said...

HOW FUN! good for you! :)
have a blast.

Julie M. said...

My favorite place. I highly recommend the Palace of Versailles. The grounds are amazing. Have a great time.

Carson Calderwood said...

Tell Jeff that I want him to get me a piece of the famous french sausage. I hear its delicious.

The Dillon 6 said...

I am impressed...you are blogging on the other side of the world!!! :)

Hvae a great time!