



What a difference a year makes!! I just went back and read my post about last years Ragnar and I can't believe what a different experience I had this year compared to last year. There were still REALLY big hills, still no good food, still NO SLEEP, (or very little) but this year I had no injuries, no nerves, and no disappointments. I was so crushed last year when my IT band injury cost me my finish but this year my knees were flawless. I stretched and rolled like crazy, and as my car can attest, I rubbed lots of oils on my legs to keep things loose, and it worked!! I was able to run all 3 of my legs at a pace that I've never before been able to keep. It felt so amazing to conquer Ragnar!! My first leg was 5.9 miles, my second was 3.4, and my third was 6.5. I was worried about my longest leg being my last but it was fine and I ran all my legs somewhere in the 8 minutes pace (8.27 - 8.55). This years experience really made me love Ragnar!! My car mates were the best and I am so grateful for the opportunity that we had to support each other, cheer each other on, laugh together, and finish the race. We laughed so hard for two days that my stomach hurt the rest of the weekend! David...you put it best. Ragnar this year was like being at summer camp! Thanks "campers" for making this years Ragnar the best! Can't wait for next year!




1 comment:
Did you move to Idaho??? For reals? Looks heavenly!!! Where are you?
Post a Comment