Friday, December 28, 2007

Quick Year in Review

This past year has flown by so fast. It's been a good year filled with lots of good times. Here's a quick and brief review. :) Jeff is still working for the same company but has just recently accepted a new position as a Consultant Manager. He's really looking forward to the new job and is excited about learning some new things. This new position will require more travel than we are used to but hopefully we will all adjust to it easily. (and by we I mean ME!) Jeff still really enjoys riding his quad and gets out as often as he can. We hope to take some family riding trips this summer! I love staying home with our kids. It is challenging but I wouldn't want to be any where else. I still love running and I completed my first sprint tri-a-thalon this summer. I loved it and can't wait to get training for some more races. I'm continuing to play soccer once a week and I even picked up an extra night each week playing co-ed with Jeff. It's been a lot of fun and a nice little date night for us. I love to quilt when I can but right now I don't have much time for my own hobbies. That will come later! Abigail is in 1st grade this year and loves it. She is growing up so fast! She took horseback riding lessons this year and really liked it. This fall both Abigail and Wyatt played soccer. I was their coach and it was a blast. They both really liked it and Abigail showed some amazing natural abilities with the sport. She liked it so much that she wants to keep playing. Of course I'm super excited about that! Also right now she wants to start up piano lessons and I'm thrilled about that to. Looks like we'll get going with that in 08'. Wyatt had fun with soccer but I think is still a bit young for it. He couldn't understand why the other team kept taking the ball away from him! Not sure that basketball will be much different but he's signed up for that and he can't wait. He's always been a hoops guy! I'm sure there will be pictures to come on the blog of his games. He goes to preschool 3 days a week and loves it! It's fun to see him learning so much and enjoying it. Shane turned 1 year old last month. He is changing and growing way to fast. I just want him to stay little forever. He's been such a pleasant and loving baby and we have all fallen in love with him. The kids rush to be the first to see him in the morning when he wakes up and they love to play with him and make him laugh. He is a perfect fit in our family and we are so lucky to have him! We bought a boat this summer and had so much fun using it while the sun was here. It has been a wonderful family activity that we can do all together and we look forward to being able to get out in it again when the sun returns.
To all of our family and friends who visit our blog we want you to know how lucky we feel to know you and rub shoulders with you. You bless our family's life with joy and happiness and we will be forever thankful for your love and support. We wish you all a wonderful and blessed new year to come. Love you all!
Here are several pictures from trips we've taken this year and fun family outings. Enjoy!


Trip to Utah and Colorado this summer to visit friends and family.





Boat trips....





Jeff riding...
Trip to Bend Oregon.

Beach trips....



5 comments:

Bennett Family said...

too fun! loved the pix. especially the baby in the boat. too cute. and jeff on the quad? holy cow...totally reminded me of the grandma in napoleon dynamite. i didn't know people actually DID stuff like that...crazy!

Allen Family said...

So glad you liked it! Jeff's so happy that it reminded you of ND...that's like one of his most fav movies ever!! quote, "what the heck was grandma doing at the sand dunes?" Jeff is a little crazy...he only knows 2 speeds, fast and faster!

Allen Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Dillon 6 said...

oh man ~ that quad would make Malcolm melt!! ;)

Allen Family said...

Yup, Wyatt too! He can't wait to get a "big" one of his own!