
Every year for the past 5 or more years my good friend Becky in Maple Valley has hosted her annual goodie exchange at Christmas time. It's become a tradition that many of us look forward to all year long! She is such a wonderful host and does an amazing job. Since we moved away this year I knew my holiday's wouldn't be complete unless I was able to attend a goodie exchange. So after some convincing from my dear friend Becky I decided to host my very own exchange. Being so new to the area and not knowing people super well I was, needless to say a little nervous, ok, a lot nervous about throwing this party! I have had such a great example all these years so I really just planned my party they way Becky would. It turned out so wonderful! I had plenty of hor'deourvs for everyone, all the treats were really yummy, and everyone kept saying all night what a great time they were having and thanking me for having the party. It was a fun night and a great opportunity for me to get to know some ladies better as I start to make new friendships here in Idaho. Becky, thank you so much for helping me with all the preparations, for your support and encouragement, but mostly for helping me get out of my comfort zone and open my home and my heart to those around me! After the party I was definitely in the Christmas Spirit!!
My home decorated for the Holidays


My hostess gift - a whisk filled with Hershey Kisses
4 comments:
Love it!! I am so happy that you did it!! Becky would be proud!! :)
Tracie! What a great party! I loved reading about it, but I can't wait to attend one of your Goodie Exchanges in Boise:) You always made my parties easier on me, and they just won't be the same without you.
Thanks you guys! The party was great but the only thing missing was all of you!!! Next year...maybe I can fly you all in! :)
I'm so proud of you! I'm sure it was wonderful - wish so much to have been there! Maybe next year...
Post a Comment