Brandie recently had surgery and needed some help with Danica and her recovery. Since we are in Boise now we are so much closer to her and my family so I jumped at the chance to go help! I left on a Tuesday morning and it took about 11 hours to drive there (not bad...when we were in MV it took us 20 hours to drive to CO). I took Shane and Lainey with me and the older 2 stayed behind with Jeff as they had to go to school. Jeff was so wonderful and supportive and made this whole thing work with his work schedule. The kids were troopers too to be with out mom for a whole week. So I arrived on Tuesday night and planned on staying until Sat. morning then driving home. While I was there I took care of Danica and my kids, helped Brandie with doc apts., made freezer meals, cleaned, organized and oh ya, we had a ton of fun and laughing too! It wasn't all work. :) The end of the week came and I hadn't finished everything I wanted to for Brandie so I worked it out so I could stay a few more days until Monday morning. I am so glad I did. On Sat. morning my mom's back went into muscle spasms and she could barely get out of bed. She was supposed to watch Danica that day for Brandie because it was her first day of school. So I was able to help by watching Danica for the day plus I finished those few last things on the list of stuff to get done! It was a great trip and I feel so lucky that I was able to go and help Brandie when she needed it. I love her so much and we love that sweet little Danica! What a blessing she is to all of us. We are lucky to have her! Here are some pics from my trip.
Grocery shopping with the 3 of them

She's so beautiful!

Cousins playing


Cookies at Grandma's are the best because she puts whip cream on the top!

Play time with Grandpa and Grandma



Stroller rides


Playing at Auntie Brandie's park

Boxes are so much fun. Shane and the neighbor boy are hiding in the other 2 boxes
No comments:
Post a Comment